School Closure Information for Brightwood College (Sacramento)
The Office of Student Assistance and Relief (OSAR) has been informed that Brightwood College (Sacramento) will be closing. In order to assist students, OSAR representatives will be available at the following date and time:
|Student Workshop Location||Student Workshop Date/Time|
|Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., Hearing Room
Sacramento, CA 95834
|Wednesday, December 12, 2018
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
(Students may come at any time between these hours for assistance)
We want you to know that you have rights when your school closes.
- You Have the Right to Request a Refund From Your School.
- You Have the Right to Request to Have Your Student Loan(s) Discharged. Contact Your Loan Servicer to Request a Loan Discharge. If You Aren’t Sure Who Your Loan Servicer is, Contact the National Student Loan Data Systems.
- You Have the Right to Request Reimbursement of Your Tuition From the Student Tuition Recovery Fund. Complete the Student Tuition Recovery Fund Application to Begin the Process.
- You Have the Right to Transfer to Another School. Transferring Any Credits/Units to Another School May Affect Your Eligibility for a Loan Discharge or Tuition Reimbursements.
Veteran students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill Web site at www.gibill.va.gov to access the GI Bill Comparison Tool, an easy-to-use online tool that provides information to calculate benefits and research approved programs, tuition/fees, housing allowance, graduation and loan default rates.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) administers the GI Bill, and makes all determinations related to Veteran education benefit eligibility and payments. The USDVA also regulates entitlements paid to Veterans and performs all calculations. All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to the USDVA at 1-888-GIBILL1.
- USDVA will not pay GI Bill education benefits at an unapproved institution.
- Only the USDVA can provide assistance or address questions related to GI Bill eligibility or payment.
- Questions or concerns related to Brightwood College should be directed to school representatives.
- Visit the USDVA’s GI Bill website at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/to access education benefit information.
- Visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Web site at www.calvet.ca.gov to obtain assistance with other Veteran needs and services.
Students are encouraged to monitor OSAR’s website along with its Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages regularly for up-to-date information on the resources available to students following their school’s closure. Please direct any questions for the Office of Student Assistance and Relief to (888) 370-7589, Option #5 or email us at email@example.com.