School Closure Information for The Art Institute of California & Argosy University
|School Closure Progress Tracking|
|Received Notice of School Closure||July 2, 2018|
|Reached Out to School Representatives||July 12, 2018|
|Received Student Information|
|Coordinated School Closure Outreach|
|Conducted School Closure Outreach|
|Followed Up With Students|
The Office of Student Assistance and Relief (OSAR) has been informed that The Art Institute of California and Argosy University may be closing the following campuses:
- Argosy University – Alameda, California (San Francisco)
- Argosy University – Ontario, California (Inland Empire)
- Argosy University – San Diego, California
- The Art Institute of California – Sacramento, California
- The Art Institute of California – San Bernardino, California (Inland Empire)
- The Art Institute of California – San Francisco, California
- The Art Institute of California – Santa Ana, California (Orange County)
In order to assist students, OSAR is currently in the process of scheduling in-person workshops for The Art Institute of California and Argosy University students. The event information for the student workshops are to be determined and will be posted on this webpage upon confirmation.
Students are encouraged to monitor OSAR’s website regularly and follow its Twitter and Facebook pages for up-to-date information on the resources available to students impacted by their school’s closure. Please direct any questions for the Office of Student Assistance and Relief to (888) 370-7589, Option #5 or email us at email@example.com.
We want you to know that you have rights when your school closes.
- You Have the Right to Request a Refund From Your School.
- You Have the Right to Request to Have Your Student Loan(s) Discharged. Contact Your Loan Servicer to Request a Loan Discharge. If You Aren’t Sure Who Your Loan Servicer is, Contact the National Student Loan Data Systems.
- You Have the Right to Request Reimbursement of Your Tuition From the Student Tuition Recovery Fund. Complete the Student Tuition Recovery Fund Application to Begin the Process.
- You Have the Right to Transfer to Another School. Transferring Any Credits/Units to Another School May Affect Your Eligibility for a Loan Discharge or Tuition Reimbursements.
Veteran students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill Web site at www.gibill.va.gov to access the GI Bill Comparison Tool, an easy-to-use online tool that provides information to calculate benefits and research approved programs, tuition/fees, housing allowance, graduation and loan default rates.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) administers the GI Bill, and makes all determinations related to Veteran education benefit eligibility and payments. The USDVA also regulates entitlements paid to Veterans and performs all calculations. All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to the USDVA at 1-888-GIBILL1.
- USDVA will not pay GI Bill education benefits at an unapproved institution.
- Only the USDVA can provide assistance or address questions related to GI Bill eligibility or payment.
- Questions or concerns related to The Art Institute of California & Argosy University should be directed to school representatives.
- Visit the USDVA’s GI Bill website at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/to access education benefit information.
- Visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Web site at www.calvet.ca.gov to obtain assistance with other Veteran needs and services.
Last Updated: 8/15/2018